Monday, February 4, 2008

Getting started...

It was a New Year's resolution of sorts. "Let's all run the TNT Marathon!" "Okay!" And now, about a month later, here I am. Two weeks into training, muscles sore, and an awakened spirit. The more I train, the better I feel about life, human nature, and power of giving.

As I celebrate my first birthday as a Bay Area-ite with a move to San Francisco, a newfound love for my job and now the marathon; I decided that everything going on in my head about my experience was something I wanted to share with others.

I will be running in the half-marathon in San Diego as part of Team In Training. TNT raises awareness and funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through these sort of events. I'm running in honor of a loved one that unfortunately lost her decade long battle this past summer. This marathon is dedicated to her, her family, and her memory.

The marathon is June 1. Let the countdown begin!

posted by ma | 1:06 PM | 0 comments