Thursday, April 10, 2008

Update time

I was out of the country this past week in Dubai for my cousin's wedding. Aside from choreographing a dance in a day and practicing for it, I hate to say, but my exercising took a break to the poshness that was Dubai. Instead of running and sweating, my hair and nails were done daily (I kid you not); lavish meals three times a day and NYC socialite style-parties nightly...

It was a dream that had to end and now I'm back and tonight, heading to my first practice with the team since I left *gulp*... wish me luck!

I'll post on how sore I am tomorrow and coming soon... "Connecting to the Cause." I'm going to post about my personal honoree(s) soon enough, but wanted to make sure I do it in a special way...

Fundraising update: I am ALMOST there! Yes kids, less then a $1,000 to go for my goal of $5,000! So if you haven't donated yet, please, please, please, help me fight blood cancers and donate some change! Yes, CHANGE (get it... you donate "change" you make a "change"). It doesn't have to be in monster amounts (although, that will be gladly accepted!), even a little help goes a looong way! If you are curious, the power of your money:
  • $1000 supports one week's salary for a medical researcher at UCSF, Stanford, or Berkeley who may discover key information to developing curative treatments for blood cancers
  • $500 provides a blood cancer patient with financial assistance for one year
  • $200 provides a Family Support Group Program for one year for a patient and their family
  • $75 is the average cost of tissue typing to become a bone marrow donor
  • $50 is the cost of a CT scan
  • $25 covers one prescription co-payment
As you can see, together we're making a huge impact and even $25 helps out in a big way!http://www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/marathonmegs

So, thanks for hanging in there with me. We're almost there... a little over a month to go!

posted by ma | 4:30 PM | 0 comments